What to expect?
- Visit the Rossio Square, the heart of both the old and new Lisbon.
- Learn how the old city of Lisbon was destroyed in the 18th century and then totally rebuilt to become the city of today.
- Learn about the favorite liqueur of many Portuguese and a typical drink in Lisbon - Ginjinha;
- Take a look at the Obelisk in the middle of Restauradores Square. It commemorates the Restoration of Portugal’s independence from Spain in 1640, after sixty years of Spanish rule.
- Marvel at the intricate Neo-Manueline architecture of the Rossio Central Station.
- Learn about the Carnation Revolution of 1974 as you visit the beautiful Carmo Square, at the place where Portugal’s old dictatorial regime fell after 48 years.
- Walk through the elegant Chiado neighbourhood, with its old cafés, boutiques, theatres and bookstores.
- Try a typical Portuguese pastry (the famous Pastel de Nata) and then enjoy a short trip on one of Lisbon’svintage trams.
- Wander through the old maze of small squares and narrow alleyways of the Moorish Alfama neighbourhood, where time seems to have stopped one thousand years ago.
- Learn about Fado, Portugal’s own musical genre, as you go past the fado Museum and some of Alfama’s hidden, intimate Fado restaurants.
- Stop for wine and a tasting at a wine bar and restaurant located in a medieval palace.
- Visit Lisbon’s Cathedral, the city’s oldest church, built in 1147.
- End your tour in Praça do Comércio, formerly the entrance hall of the city, one of Europe’s largest and most beautiful squares.
Great tour! Friendly guides! Good group! if your visit is short in Lisbon, I highly recommend you take this tour, it gives a wonderful insight to the city's streets and culture, in addition to tasting of delicious Pastéis (custard cakes) and wine included in tour price. It is a really cool walking route inside authentic city streets and sites! If you don't like uphills, don't worry, cause you will be mainly walking downhill :-)
What you will see
The price includes
One tapa & wine tasting
Free ride on the old vintage tram
Pastel de nata - custard tart
return if you cancel within 2 days
return if you cancel within 1 day
return if you cancel within 0 days
Rossio, 1100-200 Lisbon, Portugal
Mobile voucher accepted
Full customer support
Official tickets to the top venues
Tickets on your smartphone
Top payment methods accepted
Secure and simple payment
Best of Lisbon